Tips for Calming Children
- Give your child a lot of physical contact, such as hugging them or holding hands with younger children.
- Make sure that your child has plenty of quiet on-on-one time with you.
- Limit noise and clutter. Both can distract children and make it hard for them to concentrate.
- Give children something to do with their hands, such as playing with Plasticine, a fidget toy or a string of beads.
- Teach children the benefits of taking deep breaths to relax
- Encourage them to do physical activity (for example, run, skip, jump) when they are restless or can’t sit still.