You have a voice in your child(ren)’s education! The School Council provides a forum for VK Greer parents/guardians to collaborate with the Principal and other staff members to enhance the student experience in a wide variety of ways throughout each school year! The VK Greer School Council typically supports the following initiatives:
- Healthy Snack program (volunteers prepare and deliver nutritious snacks to every classroom every day)
- Honouring Student Achievement (such as providing plaques & refreshments for Grade 8 Graduation)
- Parent Engagement & Family Activities (like the Goods Swap in November, the Winter Fun Day, or the weekly Family FUN Nights from January-March)
- Fundraising events (to pay for Wish List items such as: Sporting Equipment/Jerseys, Drama/Costume Costs, Field Trip Cost Offset, Graduation expenses, Musical Instrument rentals/repairs, Primary Playground Improvements, and other ventures as they arise)
School Council meets at least 4 times per school year in order to build strong links between the School, Teachers, Students, Families and the local Community. Agendas will focus on making plans, setting dates, making decisions on spending etc., asking questions and giving feedback on proposals or school issues, and hearing updates from our School Principal on any topic pertaining to VK Greer (such as classroom organization, schedule changes, EQAO results, property concerns, School Board information, etc.) ALL School Council meetings are open to ALL parents/guardians who wish to attend! Please join us whenever you can, as your input is valuable to us!
|How To Get Involved With School Council ALL Parents/Guardians are invited to complete a Self-Nomination form to get involved as an:
Complete and sign your Self-Nomination form and submit it to the School Office, or scan and email it to our Chairperson at: [email protected] to sign up for any School Council position.
Click here for the V.K. Greer School Council Self-Nomination Form
Please note: People volunteering at the school are required to have a current Criminal Record/Vulnerable Sector Check – the School Office will assist all Volunteers in this process and there will be no cost to the Volunteer.
Other ways to stay in the loop:
- explore everything under the ‘Parents’ menu of this website
- stop by the Bulletin Board in the front entrance of the school
- read the ‘School Council Updates’ in the monthly Greer Gazette newsletters
- contact one of the following people:
Click here for other School Council documents: